Visualization is one of the most powerful ways to help you attract what you want.
I worked as a realtor for two years in the early 80s. While I was successful and made money during a very tough economy, I knew it was not what I enjoyed doing.
I wanted to work in marketing yet I had no marketing experience. I found a marketing director job at the YMCA that I decided was perfect for me.
I went to the library and read books on marketing and learned how to talk the talk. A friend of mine was on the board. I asked him to have coffee with me and to talk about the challenges the YMCA was having.
Then I created a one-page marketing plan to overcome those challenges.
I wanted this job with all my heart – I was 100% committed to getting it and I believed that it was possible. What did I have to lose in believing it was possible? Nothing.
I worked on my resume and cover letter, and applied and got my first interview scheduled. They gave me the choice of interview times. I had read that you want to be either first or the last interview.
I choose the first. I nailed the initial interview and was scheduled for a second interview with 14 people.
I selected the clothes, shoes and earrings I would wear for the interview.
Then days prior to the interview, I listened to Shakti Gawain’s Creative Visualization – The Pink Bubble Technique.
I saw myself as calm and confident in my outfit. I saw myself talking to the 14 people and smiling. I saw myself present my marketing plan and saw their amazement that I had taken the time to research and make a plan.
Out of 119 people that had applied, I got the job without any prior marketing experience!
This was a defining moment in my life.
This practice of visualization taught me that I could have ANYTHING I wanted if I was clear about exactly what I wanted, if I believed I could have it and if I took committed action to get it.
I had tapped into something so powerful that even my friends were amazed.
Creative visualization is being able to imagine something that you want to such a real state that you actually bring it into being in your life.
You see the result you want so vividly in your mind’s eye that you get in the zone and you begin to see yourself having this thing you want.
There is science behind the power of visualization.
“Research has shown that there is a strong scientific basis for how and why visualization works. It is now a well-known fact that we stimulate the same brain regions when we visualize an action and when we actually perform that same action,” said Srinivasan Pillay, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Pillay’s article on The Science of Visualization is worth reading. Studies have shown that athletes first imagine that they are competing in their event in their mind using as much detail as possible.
One study mentioned in the article showed that visualizations under hypnosis enabled nationally ranked Stanford male gymnasts to execute for the first time several complex tricks that they had been working on for over a year. The gymnasts were able to eliminate timing errors in the tricks, to increase flexibility, and, possibly, to concentrate strength….”Where the mind goes, the body follows.Click To Tweet
Your brain is stimulated by visual images. Think of this as daydreaming with an agenda;)
How to visualize what you want:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position without distractions. Breathe slowly and deeply.
- Imagine something that you want to manifest. Using mental Imagery means using all of your senses (e.g., see, feel, hear, taste, smell) to rehearse what you want to achieve in your mind.
- Imagine that it has already happened. Picture it as clearly as possible in your mind’s eye. Imagining is the best way to begin to get your mind on board to help you.
- If you want to perform or you have a speaking gig or interview, see yourself wearing the clothes you wear, feeling calm and confident and doing a great job.
- Surround that image with a pink bubble – Shakti Gawain says that pink is the color associated with the heart and if this color vibration surrounds what you visualize, it will bring you want you want.
- Let go of the bubble. Visualize the bubble floating off into the universe, containing your vision. Tell yourself that you are “letting go” of it. Allow the bubble to float around in the Universe, attracting and gathering energy for its manifestation.
You must let go of when and how this thing you want will come into reality. This is where many people get confused. The Universe is not on linear time – let go of your attachment.
Remember this: our rituals define us. If you are skeptical, it won’t work.
You have to believe that it works.
You don’t have to wait until you’re an expert to do something you want to do.
As my story illustrates, I was brand new at marketing!
You simply have to get started and do what’s next, and put yourself in a state where you start making progress.
The more you practice visualizing your heart’s desire, the more you’ll be able to succeed.
Have you had success in visualizing? Tell me here in the comments below.
If you like this article and want more weekly tips and trainings, sign up below.