Fear and I have a special relationship that goes back to my childhood.
I was the little girl who climbed all the way up to the high dive and took one look down at the pool and then slowly made my way back to the ladder and asked everyone behind me to go back down.
I have been a fearful person most of my life until I started my inner journey of personal growth.
When I made a decision to end my first marriage, I heard my higher Self say to me – save yourself and do whatever it takes to free yourself from fear. That “inner knowing” I acted upon and what I learned was a life lesson. My husband and I were to move to a different state. We had sold our house, my car and I had resigned my job and was packing up things to leave. So there I was with a three- and a half-year-old son with no house, no job and no car.
What happened next was a miracle. My friends rented me one of their homes and fixed it up for us. Another friend happened to have an extra car and loaned it to me, and my former employer hired me back! The Universe completely surrounded me with love and support.
Then friends started calling and asking me to come to dinner at their homes. Why? I took a leap of faith and saved myself. I listened to my higher self and the Universe came to my rescue.
So I want to share with you, what I know for sure about fear. This is why I call myself a “Freedom Fighter.” I help women just like you, get unstuck from fear that holds you back from living your true calling – your destiny.
When you hear the call of your higher self and act on it – that’s when you are guided to the path of true destiny.
Imagine being able to listen to your own inner guidance and take risks! What would your life look like without fear running it?
Working with fear is something that I know intimately. What I know for sure is this: each time you conquer a fear, your self-confidence blossoms.
The more you can expand your comfort zone, the more you can continue to move out the constraints fear puts on your life. I gained more self-confidence as a single mom during those years because of all the first-time experiences I gained moving through my fears.
Here’s five things you can do today to start building inner trust and confidence and step away from fear:
- Learn to Trust Your Intuition (Higher Self) – go with what your gut tells you. Experiment with listening to it and following its guidance. Notice how often your life is richer for believing in yourself and trusting your gut.
- Expand Your Comfort Zone – do one thing that you are afraid to do each week or even each month. Take a small risk and experience the thrill of doing it. Pick something you have always wanted to do but were afraid to try. Get your friends on board to support you and make it a fun event. Then celebrate with a reward that feels good.
- Notice the Feeling of the Fear in Your Body and Use It As Your Rocket Fuel to Move Forward – ask the fear (your inner lizard) – are you here to help me or hinder me?
Notice how your body feels. If you have some adrenaline, notice if it is the thrilling kind of adrenaline and see if you have more energy than that drained feeling. Your body is wise and talks to you all the time through your emotions.
- Ask Yourself This Question – if I wasn’t able to be afraid right now, would I want to do this? Then pretend you aren’t afraid and do it.
- True Happiness – I have learned so much from working with my fears. This is how you build self-confidence and lasting happiness. Just knowing you can be scared and learn to lean into your fears is so rewarding.
If you want to learn how to become less afraid of playing a bigger game in your business and life, check out my free digital class Taming Your Inner Critic – you can sign up here, on the front page of my site.